1 (edited by mohsentux 2012-10-26 20:22:06)

Topic: RME HDSP 9632 With Logitech Z906

hi guys. I'm new and wanted to ask you something.
I wanted to buy a RME HDSP 9632 for my Logitech z906 and connect them with optical interface. but i've never had a Sound card with ADAT Optical Interface and don't know much about it. so i wanted to ask you guys about it before i bought it.
PS: sound quality means a lot to me and i want to use this sound card for watching movies, listening to music and gaming.

Re: RME HDSP 9632 With Logitech Z906

Please excuse the slightly blunt answer, but we will not engage in discussions about the "sound quality" of different digital audio standards - there aren't any. ADAT is in no way "better", nor is there any issue of quality with SPDIF. Both formats are bit-accurate and have no influence in specific parameters of audio reproduction.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by mohsentux 2012-10-26 20:21:24)

Re: RME HDSP 9632 With Logitech Z906

RME Support wrote:

Please excuse the slightly blunt answer, but we will not engage in discussions about the "sound quality" of different digital audio standards - there aren't any. ADAT is in no way "better", nor is there any issue of quality with SPDIF. Both formats are bit-accurate and have no influence in specific parameters of audio reproduction.

Regards,
Daniel Fuchs
RME

thanks for the fast reply.
so what you're saying is there is difference in quality. that's good to hear smile so my most important question still stands: how do other viewers see the said sound card for gaming, music and watching movies for a surround system ? is it good or bad and how do you recommend me to use them together ? analog output, digital etc ...

PS: i just deleted the first post's part about Spdif so it won't create confusion for other viewers.