Topic: Babyface volume problems when break out cable plugged in all the way

I have a babyface that I got right around when they came out (2/22/11)...  And I just noticed there's some volume inconsistencies (that might explain a lot :-/ )

It's strange if I plug the cable in just a little bit the volume is really loud... But if I push it in all the way the volume goes down about 30 percent... 

I have the latest firmware and software and I'm still seeing it happen..

I'm on W7 64 bit
Running it through Ableton

Thoughts?

Re: Babyface volume problems when break out cable plugged in all the way

So am I just crazy on this one?

I mean I noticed the problem because I was recording a mix and I had to move the babyface to the left 9 inches to make room for a controller and then I noticed an odd fluctuation in the volume... I then noticed if I push the back end of the cable down slightly the volume fluctuates...  And this isn't a like hardcore jiggle it's a like I'm at a show and I need to move the controller some and the cable gets bumped..  I have the screws screwed down as well.

That variation led me to screwing with it which is when I realized that the volume gets a lot quieter when I plug the cable all the way into the babyface... Is it from a lack of connectivity? Like as it's sort of plugged in there's a limiter that isn't applied because those data signals aren't making a connection (just reaching here)

Because it's pretty significant.. When I have the cable lightly plugged in the mixer has about 6 levels of lights and then I plug it in all the way and it goes down to 2.

Do I just need a new breakout cable?

Re: Babyface volume problems when break out cable plugged in all the way

I contacted my local support chapter and they are sending me a new Breakout cable so fingers crossed that's it..

Pretty excited about how easy that whole process went :-)