1 (edited by Racine 2012-09-29 03:26:49)

Topic: Cant install FF800

Hi all. Im a XP home intel core2 Duo type of cat using Nuendo 3.

Today there was no sound playing from DAW with the latest flash and drivers on my FF800. This happens once a year and a simple restart usually solves it. This time i tried 3 restarts with no luck at all. When i looked in the control panel there was no info beside my Fireface icon stating how often used or size of program.

Just to have a lil closer look, i hit the uninstall button for the program. I never intended to uninstall. Immediately a prompt came up asking me if i wanted to restart my computer now or later. I chose later, and when i did, sure enough, the program had been uninstalled. Or atleast the capabilities had been removed.

So i tried clicking on the program set-up file. (atleast i think it is. nothing there specifying whether its a setup file or not) Nothing. I put in the DVD that came with the 800. Nothing. When i click on the DVD installer. Nothing happens.

Total mix and RME are still in my taskbar down in the bottom right on my desktop, but nothing happens when i click on them.

Digicheck is still installed.

There is a folder in my program files, but not for the FF800. Only digicheck.

And obviously Winamp or WMP wont play anything because there is NO sound or audio device.

What should i do? Hope this is enough of the proper info.

Re: Cant install FF800

Not sure what you did excactly, but the driver installation has no setup and is described in detail in the manual. Just reinstall it. Note that this is only possible when the unit is detected from Windows - maybe it is not found in the device manager because it just died. You might check it at a different computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi MC. First class speed of reply. 

I actually am using the FF800 right now on my "not so great" computer, and it is working and very stable.

I'll try another firewire port and keep poking around a bit more.

Just a bit of added information. With everything RME uninstalled including Digicheck,  i power on the DAW there is nothing RME related in my taskbar. When i plug in the FF800 thru the firewire port and then power it up, still nothing happens.

When i insert the RME installation DVD, still nothing happens whether i have the FF800 plugged into the DAW or not, but clicking on the totalmix and FF setup put them back into my taskbar. That is all that happens tho.

Again everything works fine on my junky net connected computer, so i highly doubt this is a Fireface issue, but i would still like some help trying to get to the bottom of this if possible.

Thanks alot for any concern given.

Also wanted to add that im under a bit of doubt that this is a firewire port issue, but have no real proof of that being the case, other than i still had sync at the time of problem just no sound. If i can figure out a way too test the firewire ports, i will do so.

Exact same thing happened on a completely different computer now on Windows 7.

Not sure what you did excactly, but the driver installation has no setup and is described in detail in the manual. Just reinstall it.

You cant reinstall it. The drivers are completely non responsive when you click on them.

These drivers worked fine the first time i installed them 3 weeks ago. Again - i cliked on the driver in the control panel to see what options i would be given, and it un installed immediately. Different computer with a fresh install of Windows 7.

Im getting the feeling that my FF800 doesnt play nicely with the latest driver anymore. Its all well and good if i have to install an older version of the driver to get it working again, but id really rather not have to wipe my system again to get it working......And then who knows for how long?

I was running the latest driver for a year im guessing when this started.