Topic: FF800 sync problem and jitter

Hi I have a  FF800. I also have a sd702. I am having problems with the steadysync when I put the FF800 in slave mode. In the Preferred sync field in fireface settings, the sync signal is on indicating a steady clock. Sync is also lit on the fireface unit itself. Whenever I have the sd702 hooked up to the ff800 via the word clock out and I change the sample rate on the sd702, the ff800 settings (autosync ref.) changes its frequency to the frequency that I dialed up on the 702;  however, while I can audibly hear the frequency change only for a few seconds (more specifically, I hear it slowing down) the FF800 then returns back to whatever the original settings were in Master mode.

If I change the settings to anything 88.2 and above on the sd702, the system clock field in fireface settings remains at what the master sample rate was originally. Anything 88.2 and below, the sample rate field and the system clock field in fireface settings will change to what I changed it to on the sd702, however the change is only temporary for a few seconds and then it returns to what the master frequency was--once again, the fields change, but audibly it goes back to what the master frequency was set at after a few seconds. I also hear jitter for the few seconds that it does change its frequency.

I do not have anything connected to the fireface input on the ff800. I updated fireface settings to version 2.75. In the about section of fireface settings it says Version 2.75; Unit #6B4CCFB v2.77. Kernel driver v2.75. Fireface mixer is updated to 2.75 in its about field. I am using macbook pro, Mac OS X version 10.5.8 leopard.

A side note, I also have a VP9000 and when I connect its spdif output to the FF800's spdif input, and have autosync enabled in fireface settings, it also only syncs to the vp9000's clock for a few seconds then audibly returns to its original master settings. Once again, the sync input status is on for the SPDIF input and the light is lit green on the FF800 unit.

It doesn't matter what the bandwidth limit is set at in fireface settings, it's the same problem.

Please help advise.