1 (edited by Manuel 2012-11-04 14:35:58)

Topic: Bug? Input channel cross-talk

[FIXED]

Hi. My current set-up is Windows 7 x86 (with all the latest critical updates) + FF400 Firmware v1.71 + Driver v3.069

I have a microphone connected to Analog 1 and correctly set up. In TotalMix, the level meter for Analog 1 moves up and down as I speak into the microphone. All the other meters are silent because this microphone is the only source connected to my FF400. OK, so far everything is as expected.

The problem is that my DAW, DIGICheck and Windows are seeing the microphone singal on several of my FF400 inputs which in theory should be completely quiet becasue there is nothing physically connected to them. Please see below screenshot, I hope it is clear.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/98636804/Forums/RME/0001.png

Not shown in this screenshot is the SPDIF input which also has an active signal on it and should not.

The Windows recording devices dialog "only" sees the signal from my microphone on some of the inputs e.g. there is a signal on ADAT (7+8) but not on ADAT (5+6), whereas DIGICheck sees the microphone signal on ALL the odd channels (Analog 1, 3, 5, 7, ADAT 1, 3, 5, 7, and SPDIF L) which is weird because the signal is only connected to Analog 1.

I have re-installed the drivers but the situation has not improved. Thanks in advance.

2 (edited by Manuel 2012-11-04 15:40:41)

Re: Bug? Input channel cross-talk

Update: I've just re-flashed the firmware and everything is working correctly again HeadScratch Have you gentlemen at RME encountered this sort of problem before? What can I do to prevent it from happening again?

PS: Just an off-topic though, it might be useful to enable original posters (such as myself in this case) to edit the thread title so that resolved issues can be tagged as  [SOLVED], or to have a dedicated checkbox that the original poster can check to indicate this.