Topic: RME SoundCards & ACID Pro 6 issues - newbie's question

Hi!

I have become used to Acid not only because of doing loops on it. Sometimes I realize some serious recordings in the software. But! Since I have installed Acid Pro version 6 there is a constant series of problems. When using ASIO everything crashes (recording, mixing, zooming,etc). Recently I have modified my computer. I changed motherboard, CPU, RAMs and graphics card. Brand new computer. Except RME HDSP 9632. And I installed Acid Pro 6. Everything is the same: crashes, lack of satisfying cooperation with ASIO drivers, although I have all the latest RME drivers. No other program (Sonar 6, Vegas 7) has problems like that. Sony website has a list of soundcards manufacturers and there is no RME soundcard recommended. What can you write to me about this issue? Why Sony does not recommend your soundcards to cooperate with their software systems? Is it a question of stupid marketing? Or what? smile

My PC configuration:
motherboard: MSI Neo P965
cpu: duo core 6600 2.4 GHz
ram: Kingston KVR667D2N5K2/2G
graphics: NVidia chipset/ Gigabyte 7100 GS

Best regards
Bodhitto

Re: RME SoundCards & ACID Pro 6 issues - newbie's question

Hi,
I had a simular issue when I upgraded .  I went from an M-audio 24/96 pci to the RME HDSP9652 and in the same leap went from acid 4.0 - to Acid 6.0.  I had a series of irritationg error reporting screens, freezes, crashes and lost mixes.  I made sure I had all the correct updates (both sound card and software) and checked my IRQ requests.  It turned out I had lots of things on the same IRQ as my RME.  I gave it its own IRQ and touch wood, no probs .....Yet :-)

Hope this helps

Re: RME SoundCards & ACID Pro 6 issues - newbie's question

How does one "check for irq requests" and how does one "give your rme its own irq"? I am having the same mobo as the topic starter.... and i cant get my ff800 towork in win7 64bit.  Maybe this could help... thanks!