Topic: A suggestion for RME

First; I have never used your products but through endless research have found RME to be the most convincing audio interface manufacturer here in Europe, and have chosen your brand for the future use.

Second; Fireface UFX is a wonderful 'no compromise' product BUT it's a bit pricey for me and there's too much 'stuff' for me.

So;

I would love to see you making a Firewire / USB / Thunderbolt interface with only line inputs, top quality AD/DA converters and dedicated XLR monitor outs (like in Fireface UFX). My point being that there are most likely others like me who want to use their favourite analogue preamps and compressors and only need the interface as a router (monitors, headphones etc.) and for the AD/DA conversion. For example four line inputs (that would be minimum for me), left and right XLR monitor output, two heaphone outputs, midi in/out, word clock and preferably a Thunderbolt connection to the computer. Firewire 800 or USB 3.0 or any combination will of course do too. TotalMix FX is a wonderful thing too. I really have no clue how much a product like that would cost but I would be happy to pay around 1200€ for all that.

Think about this. smile

Yours respectfully,

Josey

PS. I hope this is the right place for a suggestion like this.

Re: A suggestion for RME

And why not buy a UCX then?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: A suggestion for RME

I will propably do that. There's still too much stuff for my purpose and I'd really like to have two headphone outs. What I need is a top quality, stripped down line in interface and I know I'm not the only one. Naturally I will go for what you have for offer. Just thought to speak out my idea. Thanks for reading the post and answering it. Cheers. smile