Topic: FF800 Sync Problem on a MacBookPro

Hi All,

I run a Fireface 800 on my MacPro desktop with Lion OS. It works perfectly with Protools and all my other software.

However i recently got this MacBookPro and i did a clean Lion install, installed the FF800 drivers etc.. specs wise it is pretty much identical to the desktop computer, but I have Syncing issues with the MacBook.

When I turn the FF800 on, it is fine, it syncs and i can get a signal in with the Total MIx Mixer, i can see the levels coming in. But as soon as I open Protools, ableton or even the Mac Audio Preferences, the red light comes on and it goes out of sync... I read in these forums that Lion might have sample rate problems with the drivers... this makes sense except that my MaCPro works perfectly with the Fireface 800..

one thing that seems to be an issue, with protools at least... is this Protools Aggregate I/O thing.. it makes it impossible to set up the fire face as the main I/O...

If anyone can help me i'd appreciate it, I've done everything by the manual, forum advice, and legitimacy.. and i still have these problems.

Regards, Nick

Re: FF800 Sync Problem on a MacBookPro

Please give the exact model of MacBook Pro.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MBP late 2008
Lion 10.7.5
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB

thanks

The late 2008 MBP uses an older revision Agere/LSI chipset that is incompatible due to a bug in the chipset. You need to put a FW hub with compatible chipset in between. A FW repeater cable by Lindy will do, or maybe a FW HDD chassis.

thanks for your reply. Can you please post links to suitable products? compatible firewire express card or this Lindy cable etc??

Any firewire hub with a texas instrument chipset??

Go to www.lindy.com, select a country close to you and search for "Firewire extension".