Topic: Fireface 800 Outputs All Monitor Same Signal

I recently purchased a new fireface 800.  The product works very well for simple tasks, with ultra low latency and great sound quality.  However, I am having trouble routing outputs.  Does anyone have experience with this issue?

I have created a simple experiment to show the issue:
- On the back of the fireface 800, my main mix speakers are connected to Out 1 & 2.  These speakers face the audience.  Stage monitor speakers are connected to Out 3 & 4. 
- I have incoming audio from a microphone connected on in#1 on the back panel of the fireface.  In fireface mixer, the fader on the top mixer row is up and shows an incoming audio signal from an instrument mic.  In the matrix, I have that incoming mic (In 1) routed to AN 3 & AN 4.  Nothing else is routed in the matrix.  In the bottom row of the mixer, only the faders for AN 3 & 4 are up, and the audio appears to be successfully passing to these channels
- In this configuration, I would expect that the audio would only come from my stage monitors, which are connected to the fireface's outputs 3 & 4.
- However, the audio is actually going to all of fireface's outputs equally, so that my main mix speakers also have the audio from mic 1, even though the ouput faders in the fireface mixer for AN 1 and AN 2 are fully down. 

I would like to be able to route different inputs to different outputs, so that I can have a monitor mix and a master mix.

What am I doing wrong?   How can I get the routing fixed?

Thank you !

On the

Re: Fireface 800 Outputs All Monitor Same Signal

Maybe this post is too long?  Essentially, the problem is that the output faders and their routing don't control the physical ouputs.  All physical outputs have the same output regardless of their routing in total mix.

i am running this setup on a pc with windows 7 64 bit

Re: Fireface 800 Outputs All Monitor Same Signal

perhaps a screen shot of the routing.. might help

cheers

Wiz