Topic: triggering snapshot changes.

Hi, as I mainly use my PC for day to day things like interet, movies, gaming and listening to MUSIC rather than making it (60-40 none music making) I have been looking into how best to manage my channels when using a 5.1 setup, quad monitors and stereo volumes and muting.

I have found that snapshots serve mevery well rather than grouping, however I have a few questions.

1. Can the snapshots be trigger by midi / machie in some way, cannot find anything in the manual about this.
2. If not by midi can they be triggered without the totalmix windown being maximised?
3. if it the totalmix window has to be open to operate snapshots is there a key shortcut to minimise, I can program a key on my keyboard to maxise but not to minimise. -MIN doesnt work, neither does just killing totalmixfx.exe

Ideally I want to be able to operate my snapshots from my standard keyboard or by a micro controller using midi or mackie, but the main thing is I dont want to have to maximise and then minimise the totalmix window every time.

Feature request: - maximise and minimise totalmix window via keybaord shortcut.

Thanks.

Re: triggering snapshot changes.

1. Not sure how to overlook that: manual page 74 has a nice table.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

hi stoolzo, i don't have a windows computer here, but i think i remember that hitting "Ctrl-space" when in a windows program opens a popup menu where you can maximize and minimize (probably 'i' to minimize) the window. In combination "with Alt-tab" you can do all window management with the keyboard.
Then if you want to operate all this with midi, there are probably some scripting tool which could help.

Raphaël
-----------------
http://rmouneyres.free.fr     http://www.excellvoice.fr

Found it, but its not on page 74 smile

Snapshot 1: 36 / 54 / #F 3
Snapshot 2: 37 / 55 / G 3
Snapshot 3: 38 / 56 / #G 3
Snapshot 4: 39 / 57 / A 3
Snapshot 5: 3A / 58 / #A 3
Snapshot 6: 3B / 59 / B 3
Snapshot 7: 3C / 60 / C 4
Snapshot 8: 3D / 61 / #C 4

Indeed! For whatever reason the latest manual 1.6, which describes the current TotalMix FX, is not on the website. I will fix that tomorrow.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks.

Version 1.6 of the german/english manual is up.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

cant get this to work at all its doing my tree in. I am trying to program an Akai LDP8 to controll my snapshots from the pads and at the moment just the master volume on one knob. The knob works fine mapped to CC7 but I cannot get any of the pads to trigger the snap shots. For instance the manual suggest the the key for snapshot 1 is F#3, i set this on the LPD8 and nothing, nada. I also have a Korgn nano pad, this worked for snapshots 1, 2, 3,7 and 8 but not for 4 and 5. Both are fully functional. Thinking the nano was a little unstable on the windows compliant driver I installed the properly korg driver, no totalmix wont see it all, again its fully functional. It Appears totalmix will on see device using the standard windows USB midi device driver. Fail.

How about a midi learn button, now that would take away all the pain.

The MIDI notes need full accellaration/volume (127) or the state will not switch.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Not sure how to set that on the LPD8 editor, will have a fiddle when I get home, thanks.

ok, managed to get this to work, i'm now a very happy chappy. The problem was with the LPD8, it was pushing notes an octave higher than it should be, not idea why, found this when using midi-ox. I now have 8 snapshots mapped to each pad and the headphone master to one of the knobs. I dont use the LPD8 for music anymore as I have a PADkontrol which is miles better. The LPD8 is an ideal cheap solution for an extrernal controlller.

No longer need to maximise the totalmix screen now to load snapshots either.

12 (edited by simonenobili67 2016-02-13 07:42:19)

Is there any way to change the snapshot with a midi pedalboard ( program changes )? I play guitar...and I use total mix for ipad with an ucx!!

stoolzo wrote:

ok, managed to get this to work, i'm now a very happy chappy. The problem was with the LPD8, it was pushing notes an octave higher than it should be, not idea why, found this when using midi-ox. I now have 8 snapshots mapped to each pad and the headphone master to one of the knobs. I dont use the LPD8 for music anymore as I have a PADkontrol which is miles better. The LPD8 is an ideal cheap solution for an extrernal controlller.

No longer need to maximise the totalmix screen now to load snapshots either.

part do you perhaps have a preset for lpd8 midi editor?
because i don't know how to sync with pads and knobs myself ,unfortunately the spread in the manual doesn't tell me anything....