Topic: Fireface UC standalone MIDI control doesn't work anymore after 116

Hey guys,

I'm a happy user of a Fireface UC! :-)
Unfortunately, I got a problem with MIDI in standalone mode now:

After updating my fireface-firmware to 116, my unit does not remember the midi settings anymore, which I set up before in TotalMix.
So when I set "Enable Midi Control" to on in TotalMix, switch off the fireface, unplug the USB-cable and then power on the fireface again, all the TotalMix-settings are stored properly, but I can't control, for instance, the mutes with my midi controller anymore. When I then plug in the USB-cable, TotalMix is working properly, but the "Enable Midi Control" setting is off! So I have to set "Enable Midi Control" to "on", everytime I switch on the unit.
Before 116 (with 115), it stored this setting and everything was working fine!

Do you experience the same?!

Hope it's a software bug and not a hardware problem...

Thanks for helping!

Greetings,
Stefan

Re: Fireface UC standalone MIDI control doesn't work anymore after 116

Wait a second - you are still using the old outdated driver that includes TotalMix? Not TotalMix FX?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

We checked and stand-alone MIDI does always work with the UC, it is not controlled by the TotalMix setting. BUT only on input port 1. Most probably you changed your cabling.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I think what he is sayying is that when he unplugs the card to use as standalone all is working ok, card and midi work fine. However when he plugs the card in again to use as USB audio device he has to re-toggle enable midi control in totalmix to get midi control again. In effect he is saying that the recent update somehow turns this off when the card is plugged into the USB port where before it was left enabled in totalmix.

Okay, thanks for your inputs!

I forgot to mention: I'm using the updated driver (1.025) and TotalMixFX (0.984).

So, I checked my cabling and my midi-controller was on input 2! I changed it to Midi-input 1 and voila: it's working also in standalone mode! Thanks MC! :-)
I don't know exactly, but I think it was working with Midi-input 2 too before 116? Is that possible?

@stoolzo: thanks for clearing it up, you got what I meant. But now, when my midi controller is on input 1, I don't have to re-toggle the "enable midi control" in totalmix - the setting is stored now.

One last question: in the totalmix menu "channel layout" you can hide some channels for midi control. But that's working only if the fireface is connected to totalmix and it's not working in standalone mode, right?

Thanks!
Stefan

Right.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

cool, glad its all working now.