1 (edited by wal 2012-10-31 16:40:08)

Topic: Yet Another! Babyface USB Class Compliant Mode Question..

Hello,
I'm holding off buying a beautiful RME Babyface, because I would like some clarification on the possibility of a future firmware upgrade to make the unit USB Class Compliant..
I read some posts where it seems that Class Compliant mode is not possible on the BF because it needs a driver.. However, Isn't the same true of the UFX? Yet this is on a 'low priority' list for CC Mode?
So I suppose my question is: Is there a technical reason why the BB's firmware cannot be upgraded to include CC mode?
I tend to agree with Matthias that using my iPad to record with my UFX would not be ideal (Unless RME develop a TotalMix APP!). But I don't really want the larger footprint of the new UCX to go with my iPad..
Cheers,
Wal...

Re: Yet Another! Babyface USB Class Compliant Mode Question..

We had that already once, it's technically not possible, if I remember correct because Babyface needs a host to boot.

3 (edited by wal 2012-10-31 17:19:49)

Oh really, So it operates tethered to a PC / Mac.. What a shame!
Thanks for the information...

Hello Wal,
Yes.....many times, However not altogether accurate -  as this can happen, and may well happen, however I think the time frame and uncertainty of this may be a bit of a decider!. There are hardware constraints, but this is a constraint, not a "No, Never, Can't happen" definitive thing  by all accounts.
I really like the BBfce sound, but like you, I don't think I will wait around to see (though I have been).

The only other thing that I have been thinking about is limiting - (as in there isn't any) on the bbfce, this is an issue for me and my proposed workflow.

Anyway, It may or may not happen! (but, as the Beachboys say: wouldn't it be NICE!:-))

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

~ Albert Einstein

Cheers Togril,
A official comment by RME might be the order of the day.. To fully answer this question once and for all!
And before I get another reply stating that 'the question has already been answered'. If this is really the case, why is there still so much confusion amongst my fellow forum users?
Thanks...

Yes indeed.
I have to say that the audio results I get from the babyface Is simply superb. Hence the holding on.

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.

~ Albert Einstein

Lol! You kept this one quiet RME! http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=16104
'not possible' eh hermste? So it looks like the clever RME team have done the impossible!