1 (edited by peppermintboy 2012-11-25 21:23:35)

Topic: Trying to update my multiface to the latest firmware

Hello!

Windows 8 is coming and before moving up I decided to update my RME interface. My system is fine and have zero audio problem. I have the original PCMCIA card because I used to have a laptop back from 2003 but now I am on a desktop with a pcmcia interface with zero problem. So it is the first multiface + old card set working great in my tower PC

As of now the driver details read: 11/16/2012 version: 3.31

When it was time to check and update the card I read: Hardware revision: 17, programming status: Not updated
When I click on update I get a fail message right away.

Keep in mind everything is still working perfectly. I have sound, Reason Stereo out is fine.
The only little detail are those RZN labels, new to me and I can't get my totalmix presets I saved before the update, but I should read the latest pdf to know what all this mean I am guessing.

EDIT: RZN: old labels I forgot about so nevermind.

Windows 7 64, up to date.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Re: Trying to update my multiface to the latest firmware

Please note that this is a CardBus card, not a PCMCIA card. The hardware revision 17 is the current one, so why did you risk the flash update at all? If the flash fails again you might need to send in the CardBus card for exchange...and that is not for free...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Trying to update my multiface to the latest firmware

Hello thank you for the reply.

Nothing has changed beside the driver update I did today. the cardbus card is behaving the same. Nothing broken so far.