Topic: FF800 installation problem in new WIN7x64 PC

Hello, I need some help, please.

I`ve been working last years with my FF800 on a dual boot PC (WIN XPx32- WIN7x64). All worked fine in XP and some glitches and more dropouts in WIN7x64, (but working) although I only used this boot to test some software. my old PC (I got it yet) have a VIA chipset firewire card.

this week I`ve just buyed a new PC to improve my setup.

ASUS Z77 pro4 Mother Board-
Intel i3770K-
WIN7x64
32 Gb RAM-
ATI radeon HD 5450 Graphics card-
StarTech PCI 1394B_3 firewire card (TI chipset)

First I actualiced windows completely
then trying to install FF800, it seems to be instaled but it doesn`t work. Of course I have NO sound

I can see the icons, but trying to open fireface settings aplication it spends so many time to show it. Trying to move this windows it doesn`t scroll as it should

Opening the FF mixer it spends to much time ( even 40"). Vu meters led in a anormal mode (like falling in a very slow way) and sometimes this window hangs.

I,ve tried legacy drivers, and all avalaible in windows without success.

I have some screen captures to show my device manager configuration and IRQs to illustrate this, but I don´t know how to upload in this menssage.

Any help will be apreciated,

Thanks in advance

Re: FF800 installation problem in new WIN7x64 PC

need some help please,

3 (edited by alexoosthoek 2012-12-06 17:05:50)

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Edit: you can upload your sreenshots to photobucket, copy them there and post them here using the image button.

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)

thanks, alexoosthoek,

I already tested that threat without results.

But I have hot news,
I have changed original StarTech PCI 1394B_3 firewire card (TI chipset) and i have pluged an unknown fw 400 card. And it seems to work correctly. Now I have sound. I`m going to try ASIO with some software.
It seems to be  a compatibility issue with the Startech.com Fw card

Greets