Topic: Babyface questions

I've just updated to the v2 firmware and now the right channel led's on the babyface flash when I have instrument selected.  I don't believe this was the case before the update.

Re: Babyface questions

Not over here - only the lowest LED (orange) flashes, signalling the inst input.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

You are correct - has it always done this?  I don't recall the led flashing before.  Other than turning the inst input off is there a way to stop the flashing?

Sorry no. Constantly lit is phantom power.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by RMEBlues 2012-12-05 14:09:59)

Hello,

I purchased and installed a brand new Babyface, and I too have the blinking light when I use the instrument input. 

I use the Babyface for guitar, and the constantly blinking light is very distracting.

Can this behavior be changed in software, or is this hard wired into the unit itself? If it can be changed in a software setting, would you consider doing it?

Please let me know, thank you!

Hi there,

to be honest, I share RMEBlues view of a topic that might be considered as minor. But constantly blinking IS distracting, since the overall design is so pure and minimalistic. Sure it makes sense to recognize the instrument input being active. What about having it only blinking in the In mode but not in Out and Phones modes?

Otherwise a great little interface.

Thank you and best regards,
Vince

Vince LaBrea wrote:

What about having it only blinking in the In mode but not in Out and Phones modes?

Vince,

That is a really good idea!

In the meantime, I have a piece of electrical tape over the LED...

Transparent? rotfl

I like Vince' idea. Let's see if we can do it like that.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Transparent? rotfl

Transparent in the audio sense, yes.  Of course, on my RME devices I use only the highest quality electrical tape:  99.993% opacity with extremely low latency...

MC wrote:

I like Vince' idea. Let's see if we can do it like that.

Yay!  Fingers x'd

Hi Matthias,

thank you so much for putting this into Firmware 203. This is highly apreciated.

On my system though, the orange LED just glows for short time during the windows startup process. Once everything is up, the LED is off, no matter if the instrument input is activated or not.

I went back to 201 and repeated the update. No change.

Should I update from 186? Any idea?

Thank you very much, best regards,
Vince

The LED glows in stand-alone mode and CC mode. As long as the driver is not loaded the BF IS in stand-alone mode - so there is no problem at all.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME