Topic: Fireface 400: stand alone mode settings help

Hello,

I am trying to use the fireface 400 in stand alone mode and use the Rotary Encoder to adjust the input/output levels. 

First, I setup the unit using TotalMix.  Inputs 5/6 are connected on the back of the unit and I am monitoring using the headphones.  I save my settings as Preset 1.  When I disconnect the FW cable, I can still monitor the inputs but at a lower volume. 

1. How can I get my settings to "stick" in stand alone mode?

Once the unit is disconnected from the laptop, I cannot use the CH/LEV knob to affect any of the settings.  I then tried power cycling the unit as suggested in another thread but that results in a total loss of sound.  The only remedy is to reconnect to my laptop.

2. How can I adjust the input/output levels after disconnecting the unit from the laptop?

I am using Fireface Mixer v2.91, Unit #62B9994E v1.71, Kernel Driver v2.91

Many thanks in advance.

vagabond

Re: Fireface 400: stand alone mode settings help

1. Saving a preset is not the way to save standalone configuration. Options/Flash Current Mixer State does that.
2. Explained in the manual

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Fireface 400: stand alone mode settings help

Thanks Daniel.

I can now use stand alone mode after saving the configuration as you suggest.  I need to power cycle the unit in order to use the rotary encoder to change the volume levels, which is fine.

thanks again.