1 (edited by Thorsten 2012-12-17 15:20:42)

Topic: Quarz Problems with 9636

Hello,
I recently encountered following effect:
After systemstart the sample-frequency is about 4 percent to high (record as well as playback). This problem improves while running the system (i.e. rising temperature??). After about two hours the frequency is quite correct.
Is this a well known problem? What to replace/check? Oscillator-IC (IC14) outputs exact 24.5759 MHz, while Clock-Output (S4) is about 1.59MHz at first, descending down to 1.54MHz (which should be the right value) in the next hours. Is there some kind of PLL-stage behind the oscillator to capture? Hint apprecciated.

There is an old entry in this forum:
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7069
which seems to describe exactly the same topic... However without any solution...

Any kind of measuring-equipment is available. Self-Doer and Knows-what-he-does.
Thanksalot.
Thorsten

Re: Quarz Problems with 9636

The only known effect is that the driver IC for the PLL fails, which then causes the card to constantly run at a too low sample rate. Both parts are easily to spot for a 'Knows-what-he-does'. Please send the card in for check/repair, we do not provide any repair help outside our service network.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Quarz Problems with 9636

What a pity. So you know which device has the problem but you won't tell me... So for what do you think you need such a forum? I never faced such an arrogant behaviour and did not expect it from RME! That's a topic which must (and will) be released and widely broadcasted.

Thanks for your not-help.
Thorsten