Topic: Help Recording Through Babyface

Hi

It's been a long time since I attempted any serious recording so am unsure what I really need or what I'm really asking for..sorry but I hope someone can help.

I've been happy using my Babyface mainly for VST recording using Cubase since I got it a few months ago.

Now I'd like to start recording more guitars and using a couple of synths/drum machines I've borrowed from a mate.   

However I only have a small Behringer Xenyx 1002 mixing desk and I need more/better ways of connecting all them.

What should I be looking at for getting the most inputs through the Babyface and for around £200-300.

As I say It's been a long time since I attempted any recording and it's usually only been a couple of guitars and vsts when I did so am unsure what I need with the connections available on a Babyface.

A new desk/ rack mount with optical out and lots of jacks?

Sorry for the vagueness I hope someone can help

Thanks

Re: Help Recording Through Babyface

You need an AD/DA unit, or preamp with A/D converters and ADAT output. This will provide 8 additional analog inputs for the Babyface.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks for the help Jeff a quick follow up sorry.

I was looking at the Behringer ADA8000 which I think is the best in my price range. Would that suit my need's or is there any other units you can recommend?

Thanks

There is not really anything else in that price range, go for it.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Cheers for the reply.

I'm looking at picking one up tomorrow.