Topic: DURec problems

New ufx user as of 12/12/12.
Have loaded newest windows 7 driver, 1.028 and flash update 352-151-341. I have loaded these twice. Problem is i cant make the usb recording playback work in stand alone or tm fx.  Have tried 4 different memory sticks and they seem to be recording, files show up on the sticks as UFX01_00, UFX02_00 etc.  I am only recording 2 tracks and have tried everything from 32 to 196 KHz.  There is some audio on the files when i split the tracks and play. Them back on editing software but the audio is horrible with static and pops etc.  I have not been able to get a single file to play back through the ufx usb port. In tm fx everything seems to be working ok.  When i try to record tracks @ 44.1 the m stick appears to be working, the window shows 2 tracks, the timer increments there are 0 errors.  When i look at the
tm fx drop down window in the record box i see a list of many files that i have attempted to record all with the same name = U.wav,0ch,32.0 kHz.  If i look at the information window that for a file i just recorded it shows U.wav, channel count 0, S rate 32000 Hz, duration 00:00:00, free space = size of the m stick.  Regardless of the sample rate i set in the fireface usb settings window the files in tm fx show the 32kHz sample rate.

Sorry I'm an idiot, yes i have searched the forum for the psst 2 day.

Is this a simple case of bad media?

Thanks for any help you can give.
Carl

Re: DURec problems

After 2 phone conversations with Jeff at Synthax he determined that there was a problem with the UFX I had been shipped.  I received the replacement UFX yesterday and everything is now working as the manual describes.  Jeff believes the defective unit was writing garbage in the wav file header.

Love the FF UFX, even though I had a bumpy start.