Topic: Total Mix Routing with 2.1 system

I am trying to route my 2.1 monitoring system via Total Mix on the UCX.

My idea was to seperate subwoofer and satellites, so I connected the satellites to Outs 1 & 2 und the sub to Outs 3 & 4.
I thought I could handle volume control through the "link" fuction in the master control part of Total Mix.

Linking the volume is not a problem. I assigned 1&2 as Main Outs and 3&4 as Speaker B Outs.
I think linking two channels is only possible this way. If there is another way, I would appreciate help because...

...I cannot get TM to send the sound to all four Outs at the same time.
It's either 1&2 or by pressing "Speaker B" 3&4. But my idea was to volume link all 4 Outs and have also sound on all 4 channels simultaneously.

Is there any way of achieving this? If not, thi swould be an idea for a future TM update.

Thanks for your help.

Re: Total Mix Routing with 2.1 system

A typical 2.1 system is connected to stereo outputs of the source. TM FX Control Room section is designed with stereo as output. For your kind of operation you have to use the normal outputs and link these.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Bonzo3000 2013-01-12 23:30:44)

Fair enough. But how is it possible to link the outputs?
I can only find a "link" button on the "Speakers B" fader of the control section.

Edit: I solved the problem with a fader group. I guess it's the only way and it works.

Correct.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME