Topic: New headphones & impedance question

I see in the Fireface UC manual (p. 75) that the 7/8 output jack has an output impedance of 30 ohm. Can anyone tell me what headphone impedance I should be looking for? I've read in this forum that some users find that the UC cannot drive their phones satisfactorily, and I'd rather avoid this issue if I can. I'm looking for closed-back phones for tracking. The Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro look nice, but I don't know if their 250 ohm impedance is a match for the UC.

OK--I don't know anything about ohms, but I'm pretty handy around the bourbon section of a liquor store. That must count for something, right?

Jim

Fireface UC, iMac i7 quad core, Logic 9.1.4, Yamaha S08 synth

Re: New headphones & impedance question

this might help http://www.head-fi.org/t/607282/headpho … ed-to-know

Re: New headphones & impedance question

If this is a Fireface ucx question, I run the 7/8 headphone mix to a Samson Servo 120 power amp. This
amp feeds a six channel headphone breakout box that supports 6 headphone pairs. I run AKG K240s off this, they are loud and clean sounding. An AKG K240 by itself direct into the 7/8 jack doesn't doesn't get loud enough for me. I'm probably going deaf doing this, but it sure is fun getting there. :>)

DaveT