Topic: Fireface ucx mounting holes

My ucx has three small diameter threaded holes in the bottom of the chassis. I assume they are used for mounting the box to a shelf. Managed to find one screw in my box of odd ball hardware the would fit. I was looking for a template that I could use to drill holes in the shelf I have, but haven't found anything.

So, anyone know if there is a template? Moreover RME; throw some screws in the box for cryin' out loud.

DaveT

2 (edited by DanRand 2013-01-16 00:29:50)

Re: Fireface ucx mounting holes

Mines only attached with 1 screw in the bottom, side by side with a Digiface, into a Quicklock half-rack shelf.  I could only get one hole to line up with the Quicklok shelf.

I've put padded foam in between the two to stop them twisting/rotating from side to side.  You get solid stability when you bolt another 19 inch rack device above them; they don't move.

Bit bodgy, but it works well enough for me.

Logic 10.7.2 - macOS Monterey 12.7.5
HDSPe Digiface via ExpressCard Adapter
Fireface UFX III & UCX I

DanRand,
Yes, I was able to get one screw in the back. It's not moving around, but I'd like at least one more
on the front side.

Thanks for the reply.

DaveT

I have the same problem, what size screws are used on the base for mounting? Don't wanna wreck the thing by using ones that are too long/fat