Topic: I don't understand totalmix fx

Bonjour. Je viens d'acquérir une babyface et j'ai encore du mal à comprendre totalmix fx

Que signifient les noms des pistes (AS, AN, PH)? Pourquoi les pistes logicielles sont appelées ADAT alors qu'elles peuvent être routées vers les sorties analogiques?
Pourquoi ça a pas les mêmes noms dans la fenêtre mixer que dans la fenêtre matrix?
Pourquoi le bouton rotatif de la babyface n'agit que sur la piste AN?
J'ai du mal à saisir comment fonctionne le routage : Voici quelques exemples :
Quand j'envoie la piste ph 3/4 vers AN 1/2, il n'y a rien dans AN 1/2.
Quand j'envoie le main vers phones 1 et une autre entrée vers phone 2 il n'y a que phones 1 que j'entends dans les 2 casques. A quoi sert phones 2?
Vous dites que les possibilités de routages sont illimitées, or je n'arrive qu'à envoyer le signal des entrées de la carte vers les sorties de la carte ou vers les pistes playback et des pistes playback vers les sorties de la carte. Si on ne peut faire que ça, ce n'est pas très illimité! On ne peut router dans aucun autre sens!
Par exemple je n'ai pas réussi à envoyer d'une piste playback à une autre piste playback. J'ai essayé d'envoyer la piste PH 3/4 vers une piste adat 3/4, ça l'a envoyé vers la piste adat des hardware outputs.

Hello. Recently I have bought a babyface. I don't still understand the totalmix fx very well.

What mean the name of the tracks (AS, AN, PH)? Why some software playback are called ADAT while they can be routed to analog outputs ?
Why the name of tracks are not the same in mixer view than in matrix view?
I have some problems about routing. For example :
When I route the software playback PH 3/4 to software playback AN 1/2, nothing happens?
When I route the main track to phones 1 and another track to phone 2, nothing happens in phone 2, and I hear the same thing in the phone plugged on the side of the babyface and in the output on the breakout cable. What is the use of phones 2 ?
You say that the possibilities of routing are unlimited, but I can only route hardware inputs to software playback or hardware outputs, and software playback to hardware outputs. In this case it is not very unlimited ! For example it could be useful to route a software playback to another software playback. I've tried to route the software playback PH 3/4 to adat 3/4. It was the Hardware output ADAT 3/4.

Re: I don't understand totalmix fx

have a look here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCH3qVaL … 5953F4320D

thanks but I don't understand english very well, and the automatic subtitles are terrible.

Ok I have checked these videos and they have not answered my questions.
The loopback button is not really explained. And many of my problems are not solved.

I have many other questions about fonctionalities that seem not work. For example : the FX bus seem not working with the software playback. Etc.

loopback sends the selected output back into an input on your DAW. The FX bus wont effect the software playback channels, only inputs and outputs.

Why would you want to route a software playback channel to another software playback channel?

Did you get a manual with the babyface? all your questions are answered in there.