Topic: Windows 7 changing sample rate

Windows 7 has started suddenly changing my sample rate to 32k.
Never had this problem before.
Any advice.
Raydat ver 3.29 Hardware rev 12.

Re: Windows 7 changing sample rate

More details, please... Hardly possible to come up with advice without further information..

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Disable System Sounds from the control panel ....
Usually they are at such low sample rates .

RME Raydat card with Lynx Aurora 8, (Master Clock), Focusrite Liquid 4pre, Behringer ADA8000, RME Fireface 400 in standalone mode. All these units are connected to the Raydat ADAT ins/outs. Bricast M7 connected to the AES.
The liquid 4pre and Fireface have a wordclock connection to the Lynx.

This system has worked without flaw under windows xp for some years.

Upgraded to windows 7 and everything clocked / synced perfectly as before.... for a while anyhow.
Now when i start up the system locks/ syncs as it should then after say 30 secs the sample rate changes to 32000 and cannot be changed back. I have to reboot the system numerous times until it stays locked at 44.1k.
I have all the windows systems sounds disabled and any on-board audio disabled in the bios.
I suspect it is windows 7 is causing the sample rate overide but cannot be sure.
Any suggestions ?

Please have a look at the RayDAT Settings dialog. It will explain the problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Raydat Settings Dialog:
Buffer size - 1024
WDM Devices - 18
Sample rate 32000 (Cannot be changed manually, keeps defaulting to 32k)
Clock source ADAT 1 In. (Lynx Aurora) Tried switching off all external convertors and setting clock to internal but problem still occurs.
Pitch 0
SPDIF In - Coaxial
All other tickboxes are unchecked.
Input Status - All inputs are shown as `Sync` even if they are not switched on. All the levelbars in totalmix inputs are maxed out.
I have updated to the latest driver 3.31.

I have tried rebooting the machine a few times this morning , its eventually locks at 44.1 then switches over to 32k after say 30 secs..

If the inputs show Sync while there is no input signal the communication between driver and card is broken. This can be caused by many things, but the most logical would be a broken RayDAT card with a heat-dependent failure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Could the card be diagnosed / repaired or are we looking at a total replacement.?

Send it in and we will check.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Being in th UK would i send it to Synthax Audio..?

Same problem, but my card did not work absolutely on Win7 64 Bit. I checked on another desktop, installed win7 32 bit, it was working.

Hello,

I am posting about the same problem of synchronising the RayDAT rev. 12 card (ADAT I/O).

The computer used is Lenovo ThinkCentre M92p (8 GB RAM, Lenovo MAHOBAY Mainboard, AMD Radeon HD 7450 Graphics) with Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 installed. The software for playback is Reaper x64.

Here are the printscreens of Hammerfall Settings before and when the problem occurs:

http://i40.tinypic.com/9fs7sz.png

http://i40.tinypic.com/2zp8p4o.jpg

What might be the cause of that? I have disabled the Windows sounds (as said in FAQ) and tried all other things that I could think of (including the reinstallation of Windows). However, disabling and enabling the soundcard driver does solve the issue temporarily, but then it returns after a while.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Set Buffer Size to 256 and try again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok, but I tried with 256 buffer size before (and practically all of the combinations possible in the Hammerfall DSP) but it was losing sync again and again. Strange thing though, sometimes it worked for a few days and sometimes it lost sync couple of times in an hour! Therefore, I could't determine the cause of the problem.

Any thoughts on that?

Thank you.

Please make sure to disable PCIe power saving (ASPM) in the system BIOS and set Windows power scheme to "full performance". Also test the card in another slot.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME