Topic: trouble getting pc to see UFX under ASIO

Hi....moving from live sound to digital recording is proving hard.

Running REAPER on a HP pavillion PC/Windows 7

I'm trying to get REAPER /preferences/audio device - to see UFX under ASIO.  It only appears under WDM.  Under ASIO i only get my Focusrite Scarlett(disconnected).
Also...what does appear (WDM) is a whole list of all inputs/outputs on the UFX.....what to choose if i had to?
Under PC 'manage audio devices' i also get a whole host of UFX choices....what to choose?  Which is default?

sorry to be this basic....not even out of the blocks so to speak!  Direction to help where i can work on this would be useful.  I have User guide & the book 'Reaper Power'

any guidance would be much appreciated.

Re: trouble getting pc to see UFX under ASIO

Which version of Reaper and which driver have you installed? Which drivers do you see when you set "Audio system" in Reaper to ASIO?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: trouble getting pc to see UFX under ASIO

ok:  i have latest REAPER update /15 Jan "013 (purchased) UFX is latest driver (i used the update tool to check)

in between checking the forum...i took a risk and deleted my Focusrite installation (reckoning i can get it again if needed)

i now have ASIO Fireface USB recognised and in/outs first/last are all there.

i think i may be heading in the right direction.

i had hoped to be able to use both interfaces as needed  but i am happy to have moved something.

I appreciate your very fast reply.... i am not counting the chickens just yet though.

many thanks
steve