Topic: Babyface Hi-Z Input and Amplitube on iPad ?

Hello,

I've set the Babyface into Class Compliant mode and connected it to the iPad via the CCK, then directly plugged my Bass into the Hi-Z Input. After activating that Input everything works fine e.g. with GarageBand.

However, with Amplitube I do get the output but no input via the babyface. The input setting reads as "[14] Digital Audio". I'm afraid, this could be fixed to channel 1 while I need channel 2 but there doesn't seem to be an option to change it.

Does anybody have an idea how I could get this to work?

Thanks & Cheers: Jan.

Re: Babyface Hi-Z Input and Amplitube on iPad ?

With any external audio interface that has more than 2 channels Amplitube will only use channel 1, channel 2 is dead. Old apps built under iOS 4 acted like that. Should have been fixed by IK since iOS 5 came out...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: Babyface Hi-Z Input and Amplitube on iPad ?

Hi Matthias,

thanks for your reply!

MC wrote:

With any external audio interface that has more than 2 channels Amplitube will only use channel 1, channel 2 is dead. Old apps built under iOS 4 acted like that. Should have been fixed by IK since iOS 5 came out...

I've been asking there, and, as I was told,

... AmpliTube will be able to accept input from the device, but as you noted, this may be set to receive input using Input #1 on the RME interface. 

AmpliTube will not allow you to select which input to use.

So it seems I have to stick to an additional DI-box to get the bass's signal into the babyface via the #1 XLR breakout cable, which kind of kills the portability idea. That's a pity.

Thanks anyway and maybe one day there'll be a possibility to route the Hi-Z to channel 1.. wink

jan.