Topic: Flash update tool

Hi, today I used the FUT to try to update my Raydat to firmware 12. The FUT does it's thing and everything seems to progress as it should, it asks me to restart the computer, back in windows (8) after a restart the hammerfall DSP settings still shows "hardware revision 11."

The reason I try to update is because my midi in/out doesn't function after i turn on/off the computer (wich I believe in win8 is a kind of hibernation/soft-off) only after a "restart" does it function again. (Windows 8, Cubase 6 and 7 64bit, RME Raydat driver v3.32)

regards
Svein

Re: Flash update tool

You will need to fully turn the PC off.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Well I did try both the "turn off" and the "restart" functions. But as you probably know Windows 8 doesn't actually cold-boot when turned off, but it does when one uses restart. For some reason that wasn't enough for the firmware update, but it did work now that I gound a way of doing a true "turn off." (holding shift while pressing the turn off button).

Nevertheless, this update didn't solve the issue that the Raydat's midi output stops functioning when doing the normal windows8 turn-off (the midi input still works).

No solutions to midi output stops working after a normal "turn off" in Win8?

Also seems like the Raydat isn't quite as stable as it was in good old xp, a few times the audio has frozen in cubase.