Topic: Fireface 400 MIDI setup

I've added a Hammond XK-3C to my home studio.

Since the FF400 has 2 sets of MIDI INs & OUTs all i should need to do is to connect the XK-3C MIDIs to
MIDI IN & OUT 2 of the FF400, is that correct?
As in this setup.

MIDI_Audio_Setup_2013_With_Hammond

Thanks in advance.
ciao, Dan

Re: Fireface 400 MIDI setup

So far no success.  Here is more info about the status of my FF400:
The MIDI light on the front of my FF400 for In 2 is blinking regardless if I am playing the organ or not, while In 1 is a solid light.
While playing the organ,
there is no indication on the transport of Cubase that any MIDI data is being received.
And there is no indication of MIDI out being transmitted.

One thing I noticed when opening up the FF settings is that each of the tabs had a suffix of 1, eg Fireface (1), Analog (1), LTC (1).
Might this indicate something else I need to do with the FF400?

Is MIDI in 1 working as expected? Did you remember to select FF MIDI 2 in the DAW? The blinking on 2 only indicates MIDI active sense data sent by the XK-3C.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff,
Yep, MIDI 1 is working just fine, recognizing input from both my Korg TS and my XS-Rack.
And Cubase recognizes the MIDI 2 port because it shows it in the list of outputs.
Cubase has a process call MIDI Device Manager with a list of popular keyboards to define presets but there are no Hammond listings.
There is another process called Input Transformer which I am in contact with the Cubase forums about.
thx,
ciao, Dan

If you swap keyboards, does the new one work on MIDI1?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

If you swap keyboards, does the new one work on MIDI1?

No, the Hammond on MIDI1 produces the same results.
As well, the Korg TS and XS-Rack work via MIDI2.
The MIDI cables are working as I have switched them around also.

Are you saying that the MIDI is working from the Hammond to the RME because the MIDI sense data (blinking light) is showing?

Is there a way to track what's going on from the RME to my PC and into Cubase?