Topic: Routing an input to another input

Hi,

is there a way to route an input in TotalMix to another input?
Without going out of the interface' analog out and back in again?

My Idea was to record a track once with dynamics (Comp + Eq.) and once without (as a security).
I can't figure how to do that.
I use Loopback if I want to record with and without fx - but is it also possible to get two tracks recorded with and without dynamics?

Thanks,

Raphael

Re: Routing an input to another input

I believe this would work.  Send the input to two different outputs.  Put whatever effects you want on one output channel, leave the other dry.  Then, loopback both outputs and record the signals.

Hi Neirbod,
thanks for your answer. Yes, there is also the dynamics of an output channel that I canuse and loopback to my DAW.
But I can not listen to the result until I record it or until I turn on Input monitoring in my DAW.
I would like to avoid that I have to record parts to listen to it to change the setting, record again to listen to it change setting etc... and I would like to avoid that I always have to go to my DAW's Preference Pane to activate or desactivate input monitoring all the time.
I hope my explanation is not too complicated wink
Best,

Raphael

roughgear wrote:

H
But I can not listen to the result until I record it or until I turn on Input monitoring in my DAW.

I have not used loopback very much so you may be right. But I thought you could still monitor the output (with effects in this case) even if it is set to loopback to an input.

neirbod wrote:
roughgear wrote:

H

I have not used loopback very much so you may be right. But I thought you could still monitor the output (with effects in this case) even if it is set to loopback to an input.

You can.

You just monitor the effected output not the uneffected input.

Isaac P