Topic: Some advice needed, please...

Hi Guys,

I'm not yet completely familiar with the UFX and I need some advice for the following set up :

-enter 8 channels into the UFX, they will tend be fed into my DAW for a later mixdown

-simultaneously, these 8 input channels must be available for two students wishing to record the same program : how can I take these 8 outputs from the UFX without altering the data goin' onto my HDD?

Many thanks for your help!

Re: Some advice needed, please...

I assume you are connecting your DAW directly to the UFX via USB or firewire, correct?  If so, you can route the input signals to any of the UFX outputs so your student can use them.  This will not affect what your DAW sees in any way.  This is all explained in the manual.  Take a good look at the Total Mix section and play around with it.  It can seem confusing at first, but it starts to make sense pretty quickly.  Just be sure to use "submix view" as it is much more intuitive in my opinion.

3 (edited by all 2013-02-05 16:19:24)

or durec theses 8 tracks, and when played later (from ufx) the "students" could practise recording it, over and over... (since input-durec is pre fader)

Thanks to both of you : tonight, I used solution 1 using Total Mix to route each input to the corresponding output, allowing the 2 students to feed them into their own mixer.

But I'll certainly have a close look at the Durec : I like the idea of havin' all the channels recorded onto a plain USB key and pass it to whom might need it.

Thanks again for the quick and effective help.:-)