Topic: UFX with octopre MKii sync/lock indication flashes.

Hai, I'm new on this forum. I work on a macbook pro, version 10.6.8 2,4G I5 4GB 1067Mhz DDR3. running with logic 9.1.7 32bit. I have a fireface UFX with 2 focusrite octopre mkii (not dynamic version)

I have a problem, Mail below I send to the support desk from Focusrite but maybe someone on this forum can help me. I searched already for this topic and find some but not with satisfied answers which solves my problem! I have the latest updates (drivers, firmware) installed.

I have 2 octopre’s. I couple these 2 units with my RME fireface UFX with adat 1 and adat 2. The wordclock I connect with 2 short  BNC  75ohm cables from my RME wordclock out to the first octopre mkii wordclock in with an T couple. Then I go the second octopre wordclock in which is terminated. The first octopre isn’t terminated because I removed the 82ohm resistor R338. The first octopre which I have for about 0,5 year is working properly. But the problem is the second octopre mkii !! When I look at the adat sync/lock indication on the RME unit it flashes sometimes. Also I have glitches on my recordings from this unit.  I tried everthing already without any result. I assumed the octopre mkii was not good so I send it back and exchanged it with a new one. But the new one is having  the same problem.
I did  connect the second unit directly to the RME fireface UFX with the same error!! When I connect the first octopre mkii I do not have this problem!!!
I really tried everyting, exchange every cable, Changed from adat 2 to 1. I also connect a separate wordclock but with the same result. I did measure the wordclock with an oscilloscoop and it looked normal to me.

I really need some help and maybe you have a tip how to solve this!

With kind regards
Jim

Re: UFX with octopre MKii sync/lock indication flashes.

Please test individually. Will the UFX correctly sync to the affected device when in slave mode?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: UFX with octopre MKii sync/lock indication flashes.

Thanks for your reply! I did make the defected octopre master and the ufx slave. I have to do that using  the adat output because the octopre doesn't have WC out on BNC. The same issue happend again. Also when I switch from adat 1 to adat 2 on the ufx. When I change from 48Khz to 44.1Khz it seems there is no problem.

I appreciate your help!

Kind regards,

Jim