Topic: Multiface LED starts to blink RED after 10 min

Hello friends,

I have Windown 7 64 bit and Multiface 1 ( It is called Audiolink 96  Multiset ) but it is the same.
After 10 min of working perfect suddenly the RED led indicator starts to " blink". It is noit a steady blink but sometime asft sometimes slow.  The PCI card is rev 1,5 and the latest FUT it 17. The driver is 3.084.

It had a problem sometime ago where the LED jsut turned RED after rebooting the Mashine. But that must have been a WIN 7 problem as after some updates that went away. 
But what is this problem now?  Why does it work perfetct the first 10 min?

I have a PCMCIA card also, and therefor have a " power adapter"   Can I do somethign with that and put on the Multiface box?

I just want to make music I HATE all the techinal problems :-(

Please help

Thanks very much

Re: Multiface LED starts to blink RED after 10 min

Ok now I have put the External Power on the multiface and all has been working now for 20 min? 
So what does this mean?  IS it then the PCI card which has problems with sending power  to the multiface?
But if this works can I then jsut use it like this? Do I Need to pull off the adaptor now when I close my computer?
Should I buy a new PCI card but just the new PCI Express?
Damm why shoudl there suddenly be something with the power from the PCI card?
But ok if I can just use it like this and it does not matter then I just do that.

Thanks

Michael

Alot of " readers " but no answers :-)

If it works with the AC adaptor then use the adaptor wink  Sounds like some type of power issue with the PCI card - so if it works with external power then use it until it totally stops working IMO.  Buying a $400 HDSPe card is certainly an option if you want to spend some cash (RME will actualy give you a $50 voucher towards a new card if your old card is defective and out of warranty - at least they offered this to me a few months ago)...

The one HDSP PCI failure I experienced was similar, but my card's operation became intermittent, and eventually dissappeared from my Device Manager - so other things were wrong with it beyond supplying adequate power to the Multiface box...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Did you test another cable?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks,

I will just sue the Powersupply, which seems to work fine.  I do not have another Firewire cable.  But normal Firewire cables do not suddenly stop working.  Yesterday I wa sable to work an hour before the red light began to flash WITHOUT the power adapter. But with poweradapter it work all the time. Just strange that this is something NEW.   But I proberly buy a fire face 800 in some point as a good addition to my Octamic 2. 

BTW, if I I was to buy the PCI E card for the multiface, and buy it ex from www.thomann.de then how can I get the " Voucher" on a neew card? Direct from RME?

Regards

Michael

reposity wrote:

But normal Firewire cables do not suddenly stop working.

Why not - sometimes cables will fail...

BTW, if I I was to buy the PCI E card for the multiface, and buy it ex from www.thomann.de then how can I get the " Voucher" on a neew card? Direct from RME?

Not sure what kind of "voucher" you are referring to... You can simply purchase the PCIe card.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yeps thanks, just referring to the comment on voucher that Randyman wrote. But it does not matter.

I will try a new firewire cable one of the days, but the poweradaptor works. So that is fine

Thanks

Mich

I was offered the Voucher only if I sent my defective card in for "Repair" - since "Repair" is no longer an option for the HDSP cards, I was offered a $50 discount (voucher) towards a new card (PCI or PCIe).  That means $250 for a HDSP or $350 for a HDSPe in my case.  I'd assume this is a universal offer for HDSP cards in need of repair since RME no longer services the old cards (kind of hard to service a SMT type card).

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Ok thanks for the answer. I mailed the Danish Distributor of RME cards and he just wrote to me that I should send the defect PCI card to their adress and I will get it back " repaired" within 2-3 weeks. It will cost me around 66 EURO.  He wrote that it will be sent to Repair at RME.  So I am thinking of doing this.

Regards

Michael

Hello Again,

Really strange. This problem I had has not been there since my last mail. WIN 7 has updated itself alot lately. I wounder if there is nothing wrong with the PCI card for the Multiface and it all along was WIN 7 64 bit?  Maybe there are some instructions that it does related to "Power" and how to send it to the different cards? Or is that only my ASUS mother board?
But now that the problem has gone then I am happy, and if it coems back I will send the PCI to repair.

Regards

Michael

Hello reposity! I have the same problem, what did you do with Windows 7 update and fixed the problem?

Hello , it Was the power adapter that did the trick . If that is on Then there are no problems . I have not truer it Without that for a long time .

Well I bought a power adaptor of 12V 1.25A DC (as stated as the original is) but with no luck.
My PCI is Rev 1.8 and I have Multiface 1 running on Windows 7 64 bit.
Maybe there is something else I can do? What power adaptor do you use?