Topic: PCI card rev 1.8 compatible with Multiface 1?

Is PCI card rev 1.8 compatible with Multiface 1 or only with Multiface II, both of them, or reversed situation (comp. with Multiface II and not 1)?
Thanks!

Re: PCI card rev 1.8 compatible with Multiface 1?

Any card is compatible with any external device. Only with some older PCI cards will a Multiface II require extenal power - but that does not affect compatibility.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

When you reffer to older PCI cards, which rev's are regarded as such?
Also, which are the correct power adaptors? In the manual, the cardbus adaptor is 12V 1.25A, will that do the work?

Answer please?

The latest revision PCI cards (Later than rev 1.9) are the only ones that can provide sufficient power to run the Multiface II, without the need for the external power pack. If your PCI is revision 1.8 or earlier, then you will need to use the external power pack to provide enough power to run this interface, as it has greater power needs than the earlier Multiface I and Digiface units.

Have a look at the newest version of the PDF manual for the Multiface II, where this information is specified.

Hope that helps,
Cheers George

pakos69 wrote:

Answer please?

HeadScratch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weekend

:roll

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Dear George,

Thank you for you time and answer. However, for a Multiface I, will I need an external power supply with PCI card rev 1.8?

Best Regards,

Filippos

As I have pointed out above (and the manual mentions), this only affects the MF II.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you!!!