Topic: Vegas 11 and multiface ASIO

So I decided to try the new version of Sony Vegas (I was using version 8) with my PCI HDSP and multiface I.

It takes about half a second to start playback and then it's all garbled and distorted.

Any ideas?

Win7 home pro 32 bit.

Latest firmware etc. (just updated this week).

tried previous version, same result. Reaper, Cubase, Nuendo, gaming etc all work great at 32 samples.

Also tried upping the latency, no change.

Thanks in advance,

Isaac P

Re: Vegas 11 and multiface ASIO

If a trial is available I will have a look and try to reproduce it here.

Vegas Pro 11 and 12, Vegas Home Premium here.
At least, Vegas Pro 11 and 12 works with HDSPe AIO and HDSP 9632 cards.
I don't experience something like that.
They are on Win 7 Pro 64bit, so my guess is 32bit (Vegas has both 32 and 64bit version) is the culprit?

Masaaki wrote:

Vegas Pro 11 and 12, Vegas Home Premium here.
At least, Vegas Pro 11 and 12 works with HDSPe AIO and HDSP 9632 cards.
I don't experience something like that.
They are on Win 7 Pro 64bit, so my guess is 32bit (Vegas has both 32 and 64bit version) is the culprit?

It maybe the 32 bit version.

There is a free trial Timur. As always your testing would be much appreciated!!

Thanks,

Isaac P

I am only offered 64-bit versions for trial download, so I guess my results would be the same as Masaaki's (and I don't own a PCI card, only PCIe).

Timur Born wrote:

I am only offered 64-bit versions for trial download, so I guess my results would be the same as Masaaki's (and I don't own a PCI card, only PCIe).

Thanks for trying Timur.  Interestingly Sound forge 32 bit exhibits the same behaviour. Time to email Sony support!

Isaac P

Does it matter which kind of output you use with the Sony applications (ASIO, DirectMusic, MME, WDM)?