Topic: HDSP 9632 breakout XLR cable

Hello my friends,

I just bought a PCI card RME HDSP 9632. I really would like to use it with XLR conection, but here in Brazil I cannot find the breakout XLR cable at the stores. And it´s too expensive to import it from other countries... the brazilian import taxes are simply non sense!

Then my question is...

Would be possible for me to build a cable for this card? I know a store that builds any type of computer cables. Actually I just need the XLR stereo out conection... I will not use inputs, headphones or midi conections... I use this card for mixing and playback only.

I really believe it´s possible to build the cabe... but I don´t know how the conections on the card works. Someone knows the output schematic at the card? Some suggestions?

Huge Thanks my friends!

Re: HDSP 9632 breakout XLR cable

Pinout is in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC!

I found it on the manual... please just help me with one more question.

It may sound as stupidy question, but it´s important to be sure. smile

I see on the manual that the 15-pin D-type has only one ground/shell at pin 9. For a XLR balanced conection should I connect both, Left and Right ground at same pin 9? I´m asking this coz I was specting to find two grounds... one for left and another for the right... but now I suppose it´s the same for both. Is that right?

Thanks,

Yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME