1 (edited by memor 2013-02-19 15:09:32)

Topic: Babyface Standalone Routing

Hello,
I want to use the babyface in standalone / CC-mode, routing Line-In 1-2 to the Analog-Out 1-2, controlling the volume of the input or output. Is it possible?

I have no problem to get the babyface in CC-mode, I can see the input level meters showing the input signal level also,
but unfortunately I can't get it to the Analog-Out 1-2. Did I forget something?

Btw. it works just fine after using in Driver-Mode and then just disconnecting the unit from the computer while the power on remains.
Any help appreciated,
All the best,
memor

Re: Babyface Standalone Routing

Hello again,
I see I missed the pdf manual for the babyface in CC-Mode. In case someone else will look here for the answer, I answer my own post by myself wink.

Copied from the: https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/cc … face_e.pdf

"Need two more microphone preamps with phantom power but only have line inputs? No problem with the Babyface in stand-alone mode!
Set the Babyface to Master 192 kHz for widest frequency range and lowest delay. Connect optical input with optical output by a TOSLINK cable (loopback). Activate phantom power, then set the gain as needed. The analog input signal is amplified to line level and available at the XLR line outputs, and with Copy mode activated also at the phones output."

It works great.
However, I would still like to know: is it possible just to get Analog-In 1-2 routed to Analog-Out 1-2 without the "TOSLINk loopback" cable? And how does this actually work: is the analog input default (always?) hard routed to the TOSLINK-out?
Could anyone clarify this?

And btw.: Dear RME, thanks for these absolute great features for the babyface. You are amazing as always. This is really fantastic!

Re: Babyface Standalone Routing

No way without the TOSLINK cable.

In stand-alone mode: obviously, as a different routing would make not much sense.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME