Topic: Noob Alert! Help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi guys, I've recently bought a brand new Fireface UC. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with it.
I'm running the interface through Reaper and it has managed to connect and shows up on the ASIO section, however I can't seem to get the preamps to show up. It seems all of the Firefaces other channels are listed except for the Microphone preamps. I was hoping that one of you could help me out here as I'd really like to run a microphone through it.
Thank you guys in advance.

Re: Noob Alert! Help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure what exactly you are looking for. The mic inputs are AN 1/2, the first two (analog) input channels. These should be visible in Reaper without problem...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Oni wrote:

Hi guys, I've recently bought a brand new Fireface UC. Unfortunately, I'm having some issues with it.
I'm running the interface through Reaper and it has managed to connect and shows up on the ASIO section, however I can't seem to get the preamps to show up. It seems all of the Firefaces other channels are listed except for the Microphone preamps. I was hoping that one of you could help me out here as I'd really like to run a microphone through it.

Have you selected the correct input range (i'd try selecting everything) in reapers prefences?

you have to not only choose your audio device, but also what inputs and outputs you want reaper to use.

Isaac P

isaac wrote:
Oni wrote:

Have you selected the correct input range (i'd try selecting everything) in reapers prefences?

you have to not only choose your audio device, but also what inputs and outputs you want reaper to use.

Isaac P

So it's options, preferences.

then you need to select ASIO from audio system, The RME UC in ASIO Driver, then tick enable inputs, then choose the range. I'd just start with the top of the list and finish with the end. This way you'll get all of your inouts available. Same for selecting the outputs.

when you record you should now see all of your inputs available.

Also check that your UC is set to mic and you have phantom on if needed.

Isaac P

We managed to select the input range and what inputs/outputs on reaper, however the xlr inputs, and the front trs inputs simply dont appear. Are we missing anything?

Please be more specific. What exactly does not appear...?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hey guys, sorry about delayed reply, haven't had net for a few days.
On the ASIO preference, All 8 analogue channels and the ADAT channels appear on both the Input and Output section. FYI, I'm going through options==>preferences ==> Audio ==> Devices, and changing the ASIO to FIreface UC. It seems all channels but the TRS and XLR channels are appearing. I've already selected all those options and tried them one by one, but none seem to correspond to the microphone channel. The XLR channel is definitely not broken, as it is picking up a signal on the Fireface UC unit, so I'm quite unsure on what I've done wrong.
Thanks in advance.

Furthermore, TotalMix also seems to pick up a signal too. So I'm guessing it's the configuration.