Topic: Upgrade from FF 400 to UFX: one thing is missing

Hi everyone,

I upgraded from FF 400 and love everything about the UFX. Well, except one thing: Why is there no integration of the software volume control in mac os x? Perhaps I missed a setting or something? Please enlighten me so I can use the volume control of the keyboard again.

Thank you,

funkymonkey

Re: Upgrade from FF 400 to UFX: one thing is missing

I also wondered about this "limitation" of the UFX. The drivers of both the Fireface UC and the Babyface have their software volume control integrated with OS X. Except mute control. Strange...

The enlightening comes by reading the numerous complains about this feature by other users in this forum. Which explains why we not added it to any other device.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by funkymonkey 2013-02-20 09:52:03)

MC wrote:

The enlightening comes by reading the numerous complains about this feature by other users in this forum. Which explains why we not added it to any other device.

Hi Matthias

thank you for your reply! Obviously you know this forum more than I do ;-) and know what people are writing most. What I found out is that a lot of people looking for this feature as well.
I for once have the feeling that RME wants to sell the pricy cable remote and therefore got the feature turned down!?
But imagine the following: I sit on my couch watching a movie and for some reasons I have to change the volume - or I listen to music in the other room. Now it would definitely be helpfull if I could use the remote of the computer! (The use of RMEs cable remote wouldn't be that convincing in that cenario would it? ;-) )
I have to say that I think RME always wanted and wants the best user experience so I ask you to include this feature (again). Many consumers ask for it!
As I know a little about programming I also know that it would be relatively easy to let the user choose whether to control the control room out with the system volume or not (eg a toggle in Totalmix). Come on RME - you can do it! Think about all the mac users that listen to music or watch movies with their rme products and also want a perfect user experience.

Plus:
I personally would be satisfied with volume up / down integration, but as I think RME always wants to make their products perfect:
If RME would even integrate the MUTE button it would raise the possibilities even further - think about a homestudio where you want to monitor, then record again. Possible with a single keystroke without any additional hardware (that possibly colors the sound)!

Best,

funky

and if RME designs the option to use the system volume control keys as opt-in - nobody gets confused when first firing up the new interface.