Topic: Installing Fireface UCX driver on W7

Hi, I'm using W7 and I can't seem to install the driver. The RME driver CD doesn't play automatically so I followed the manual and located the Fireface_USB directory on the CD, clicked on the firefaceusb.exe (was I not supposed to do that? The manual warns about potential blue screen, but I didn't even get that -- nothing happens, except the FireFace USB Settings and TotalMix icons appearing in the tool bar). Then I followed the instructions in section 7.1 of the manual and located the Fireface_USB directory on the CD in the Device Manager (under Sound, Video and Game Controller), right-clicked on the device and then 'Update Driver Software' (my options looked about the same as in the guide thread, up to the 'don't search. I will choose the driver to install' section, at that point I can select the driver directory on the CD (I tried the downloaded driver as well) and it seems to install ok, or at least that's what it said). After that the manual bids me to download the Flash Update Tool and the latest driver version, I did that, extracted everything, but the flash tool wont run, I click on it but nothing happens. I read somewhere that the driver needs to be installed before running the flash tool, and it seemed to be, but I guess not.

Re: Installing Fireface UCX driver on W7

Anyone?

The flash tool requires USB connection and driver...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

The flash tool requires USB connection and driver...

Yeah I know.

Benny58 wrote:

I read somewhere that the driver needs to be installed before running the flash tool, and it seemed to be, but I guess not.

As I said, after going through the 'manual' update procedure in the device manager, it says that "The device is already using the latest version of the driver", but the flash tool still wont even start up.

Hello,

Did you solve this ? I have the same problem with my fireface UCX software.

Thanks, Jim

Hi, Jim. So, I just got a brand new UCX. I downloaded the USB Driver from here...
http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph … _driver_uc

Then, I unzipped the zip files.
Next, plugged in the UCX.
Next, right clicked 'my computer' and choose manage
Browse the Computer Management console to the Device Manager
Found the Fireface (Yellow exclamation point gives it away)
Right clicked it... update driver... browse to unzipped driver folder

Now that the device is installed, browse to the folder for the firmware update utility and run it...
I'm using Windows 8 and it says 'unknown program' click ok to not run it (or click here for more choices)....
Click 'here' for more choices and you will see a Run Anyway choice...
Pick this choice...

Now, follow the onscreen instructions.

Also, the .chm (help file) shows up empty unless you browse to the .chm in the folder with the drivers, right click the file and choose properties... then select 'Unblock'

gswitz - thanks for posting this. I'm just about to attempt to install my new UCX this weekend and appreciate the guidance.

One footnote - I installed my UCX a few weeks ago and then discovered the C drive on my PC was defective so I had to start all over again. Last time around it was a HUGE pain to install the RME drivers and software but this time I downloaded the brand new RME driver from their site (new two days ago) and it was an easy install using gswitz's instruction above. Thanks!

HELP! My UFX won't install any driver!

I am using win 7 64Bit, new installed gigabyte mainboard, this was done to get usb-problems solved.
So in my device manager, the fireface appears as "Fireface UFX (23553674)" maybe the number could be the fireface's serial??
But i think because of this cryptical name the driver cannot be found in the driver directory, right?
Shall i rename some driverfiles?
The fireface worked perfect with XP, but i can't stuck to XP the whole live!

Thank's a lot for any help,
Mathias

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This link leads to the process that i am exactly doing (nearly the same process since windows 95). Getting the message: "a driver cannot be found." when i have selected the drivers directory. Tried as well the older driver, same result.
i am not unexperienced in setting up windows systems with their drivers.

What is 'the driver directory'? And wich driver do you try to install - FireWire or USB?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you very much!
with the 'driver directory' was meant the directory to where the driver files expanded after download.
But the error occured as i downloaded driver using the tree "firewire series" - "ucx, ufx 800 400....", so i got the "winfire" driver.
My mistake (was one more time too fast with the mouse...), but not too hard to happen as the diveces name is "fireface".
With the usb driver it will work fine after restart i'm sure!