Topic: Fireface UFX: Totalmix "Help" showing nothing

the Totalmix (0.898), newest version, does not show anything then error when I open the Help. Says, it can not access the Help.
Is there someting to configure to make it work?

Peter

Re: Fireface UFX: Totalmix "Help" showing nothing

issue solved, it was a Windows7 problem.
TotalmixFx.chm help file was blocked by Windows7, unblock and it runs

In Windows 8 Pro (x64) I unblocked TotalmixFX.chm; HTML Help window opens, but there is absolutely no content in it. I'd like to mention that TotalmixFX.chm has 25 KB and resides in Windows\System32. Is there anyone who can help me solve this problem?

I have raised this issue a few times. I think RME thinks it is not a problem. I think it is a problem. I can unblock the file but still wont open (win7 x64).
I can open the help manually but not via F1 in TotalmixFX.  Their answer to me was that the F1 help was weak and one should just not bother using it.
I say that if the inline help is weak then make it more complete or if it is not going to be fixed then it should just be removed altogether. DeadHorse

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15733

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

Yes,

it's a Microsoft problem.

Win7, Win8 are blocking.

to unblock:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind … 26c8fa91bd

now, I discovered, that on my computer i have 5 files of the Totalmixfx.chm help, in diferent directories, why , I have no idea....
So just make a search and unblock ALL of them.

Then Help works

Peter

Ok, I get the fact that it may be a Microsoft issue but I have lots of programs that the inline help (F1) works just fine. So obviously some programmers out there can write code that result in a working F1.

I will try the microsoft link workaround you just posted. Running off to a gig now, will try later.

now, I discovered, that on my computer i have 5 files of the Totalmixfx.chm help, in diferent directories, why , I have no idea....
So just make a search and unblock ALL of them.

Yes, I have unblocked all the totalmix files to no avail.

Thanks

i7 Extreme 990X 3.47Ghz, 24GB RAM, Fireface UFX
Nuendo 8, Halion 6, Wavelab 9.5, Izotope RX 6

cobiashimew wrote:

I have raised this issue a few times. I think RME thinks it is not a problem. I think it is a problem. I can unblock the file but still wont open (win7 x64).
I can open the help manually but not via F1 in TotalmixFX.  Their answer to me was that the F1 help was weak and one should just not bother using it.
I say that if the inline help is weak then make it more complete or if it is not going to be fixed then it should just be removed altogether. DeadHorse

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15733

Wow! I opened http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=15733 and I was shocked by the arrogance displayed by RME representatives! Until now I thought that they have something against me and that's why they never answer my posts, but now I understand that they could get pretty nasty if they don't have an answer, and that I was actually pretty fortunate not to get one of their elegant German responses. Yet.
This is certainly not a Windows issue, but a RME issue. Other programs open .chm help files in Windows without any problem. As for their explanation ("This help is a quick and coarse overview for the inexperienced user, and it will stay like that. The real help is the manual, which includes all the details.") it is, let's put it mildly, at least laughable: because there is a manual it doesn't matter that Help doesn't work in the program?!! Are they serious?!! Besides, are they aware about how bad it's their manual in English?!! RME is a pretty expensive brand and the hardware is pretty good; but it's not the best. Sooner or later people will start noticing these "little things" like parts of software not working, blaming Microsoft for RME incompetence, arrogant representatives telling customers to go spend their money somewhere else, uncomfortable threads moved to less visited forum categories, customers' questions never answered, etc. and when that will happen RME will certainly regret its attitude. There is not enough space here to list all the companies which where big names once in this field, only to disappear without a trace because of "little things" like these accumulated in time.

Hi

I can tell you, the Microsoft is the problem, they block files. And RME is not the only program, same with Java and others.

Anyway, I have never gotten any response from Microsoft, can tell you Microsoft is really the worst I had of support in any industry.

And more over they have not yet in 2013 got right the audio stuff. Look at their mess of drivers, nothing is working right. Problems and quirks all over. All quick and dirty junk, patch here patch there in this Microsoft stuff.
I have right now an issue with sample-rate. Finally it turnes out to be a Windows7 issue.... and where is the help?

The Japanese in their receivers can do it...it just works, no crash, no FW updates..

Peter

and an other thing

looks that Mac is doing things better. At least if I talk with people they have less issues.
May I have to go after 30 years of PC to Mac.. (yes I worked on the first Apples..) in 1983..

Finally to get rid of this Microsoft stuff, never done right never finished, let products get mature at the customer, really banana products..

Peter