Topic: Problem with using FF400 in a Live Environment

I've had my FF400 for about 5 years now, I use it quite regularly in my second (home) studio.
In the last two years my wife and I have both used the card for live performance situation. Each time
we have had a problem with it that cannot be re-created at home. This weekend it was the final straw
as a few minutes before performing to a large audience the card is not outputting any sound.

With the soundcheck everything was fine the 8x FF400 outputs are all working correctly, when i return to play in the evening, and
nothing in the setup has changed. I start the computer and Ableton Llive, the output of live is showing on the Totalmix playback channels but nothing comes out of the output channels. I restarted the machine numerous times, in the end in desperation i downloaded the drivers and re-installed. The only difference that made was that i could use outputs 7/8 on the headphone socket, and ended collapsing my whole mix to that stereo output so i could perform.

When I get home yesterday i start the computer and FF400 launch the live set, all the outputs are coming from channels 1-8 on the interface.

This scenario of no sound output is only happening in the live environments and its becoming stressful to perform after these kind of incidents, is it due to the heat and vibrations of the club environment, do i just have a dodgy build? Other performers I know use the card for years week in and week out without any problem.

Re: Problem with using FF400 in a Live Environment

Can you rule out the possibility of some external change at the FOH stage? Just wondering...
You can certainly send in the FF for service, and if something is found, it will be fixed.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME