Topic: Digiface and Thunderbolt

Hi all,

I've just got a new macbook pro (with OS X 10.8.2) and a sonnet echo express card thunderbolt adaptor but I can't make my digiface work. I guess I'm doing something wrong...
I've installed the driver from hdspe_x86_304.zip but when I open HDSPe Settings, it's showing Properties For RPM (A), not the digiface and the HOST led remains red.
In System Information Hardware Thunderbolt I can see Device connected Echo ExpressCard/34 TB but I don't know where to look for the digiface ...
Any hints?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Guy

Re: Digiface and Thunderbolt

Did you connect an external power supply to the Digiface?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes Matthias! I thought external power supply was always needed!

Correct. You rebooted the Mac after the driver install? Can you update the ExpressCard to the latest firmware (on a different computer)?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Mattias,

Thanks for your answer!

Yes, I've rebooted after the installation! I will try to update de ExpressCard firmware with my old macbook (it still works but it's noisy due to a worn out fan). I need fut_mac_dspe.zip for this, right?

Best regards,

Guy

Correct, but that would update only to v 18. The latest v20 is currently only available as Windows tool.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I just uploaded the latest Mac Flash Update Tool that would flash revision 20 into your ExpressCard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

...just try to boot your computer with everything plugged in...
...if i don't do it that way my multiface 1 is also recognized as "rpm"...
...another way you could try would be to close the rme mixer and settings program and re-open both programs...that helped me in some cases...
b

...btw...what's the benefit of revision 20, matthias?...is it also recommended for my good ol' multiface 1 respectively the card?...

10 (edited by Scheffkoch 2013-02-25 10:11:38)

...wow...this update to revision 20 solved the plug and play problem i had since day 1...my multiface would only be recognized as a multiface when i powered my computer with everything pluged in, otherwise (when i tried to "plug and play") it was always recognized as "rpm" in the settings and mixer..."plug and play" working flawless now!!!
thanks!
b

EDIT: I have to take that back partially...once recognized as "multiface" plug and play is working as expected, but to achieve that i have to start the computer with everything pluged in otherwise "settings" will detect the multiface as "rpm"...

Thank you Mattias,

I will try it tonight, didn't had internet access this weekend!

Best regards,

Guy

Thank you Matthias, after the upgrade, the computer recognizes the digiface! :-)

Best regards,

Guy