Topic: Need help with hdsp 9632

I have installed hdsp 9632 on windows 7. I am also using adobe audition.
To set levels I play a 1khz tone into the sound card from a cd and analogue mixer, I open the hdsp mix window and I can see the levels and the tone is recording on adobe audition,. However when I adjust the hdsp fader on the input it does not adjust the input level being recorded into adobe.
Also when I play back the tone and adjust the hdsp output fader it adjusts the output from adobe but it doesn’t change the levels shown on adobe level meters.
What am I doing wrong?
It’s like the sound is going in and out of the card with the hdsp faders doing very little.
I can’t mute anything either etc.
I have set my preferences to hdsp analog input and output for adobe audition.

Re: Need help with hdsp 9632

TotalMix: You control the monitoring, not the recording. And you control the hardware, not the playback software. So nothing is wrong.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have read the manual but I’m still unsure of a few things.

I want to set up the card for just stereo analog input and stereo analog output.

I was using a cheaper sound blaster card where you used the pc’s line in and line out faders to calibrate.

1)    Are you saying if I play a tone into the sound card from my mixer at 0dbfs it will just output 0dbfs and there would be no need to adjust input level and output faders for calibration?
     Also when I run a 1khz tone into the card at 0db I get a reading of -3db on the total mix meter.
2) I changed my preferences in my audio hardware software setup to

Audio driver =asio hammerfall dsp.  On the default output it doesn’t matter whether I select Analog, spdif or adat. I still hear the output from my audio program.
Why is that?

3) For stereo analog in and out are these the correct settings

(01S) HDSP9632 Analog1
(01S) HDSP9632 Analog1

And use preset 1 on the total mix.

Can anyone please help me on this?

You are right with all your points. The metering options for the mixer are in it´s settings. There is a setting for -3db in it, which probably explains your -3db reading.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

I have gone into the level meter setup and the preferences section and the dsp settings page and I can’t see any way to increase the input by 3db.
There is a rms + 3db gain but that’s not what I need.
I’m inputting 0dbfs in to the sound card  and I can only get it to show -3db or -6db on the total mix meter whether viewed as peak or rms(+3db off and on)??

Where is the signal coming from? Can you be 100% sure the signal is 0dbfs? And digital or analogue input? If analogue input it is a simple level mismatch between the 2 devices.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632