Topic: Lenovo Notebook / Madiface / Windows 7

Dear RME Team,

I can imagine that you are tired already of this subject, but unfortunately it seems a complex one, and continuously problems arise with it.

I have a combination of a Lenovo W530 with a MADIFace (SN23..), Sequoia 12.1., using Windos 7 Prof 64bit.
Having formatted my system disk and reinstalling everything neatly (Windows 7, Drivers, Madiface latest driver of today, Sequoia tested version 12.1., etc) I suddenly found myself with Lost ASIO buffer problems in Sequoia, a problem which I had not found with RME MADIFace for a long time.
I went and put everything in the BIOS to Max Performance and switched off the Power Management of the Expresscard Slot, deinstalled the Lenovo Energy Manager, set the Windows Enregy settings to Max performance.

Still continue the frequent Lost ASIO buffer problem on playback.

What have I missed? Thanks for an urgent help, as my next recording is coming up!!

Best regards,

Carlos1965

Re: Lenovo Notebook / Madiface / Windows 7

This might help finding problems: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1704

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks Daniel,

I will check this tool. It seems not so easy to understand for someone, who is not a programmer.

Keeping this in mind, I have to say that I had this setup working until the reformat, so I am sure that there is a solution for this within the usual tricks on the RME forum.
Could you please have second thoughts about my problem, or maybe Mathias knows an easier solution?

I had experimented with XP in the meantime, that is why I reformatted.

Thanks again,

Carlos1965

There is not likely an "easy solution". Issues like this are usually related to PC performance, and things that might be in the way, like WLAN devices or misbehaving drivers.
Therefore, it will be required to first find the cause of these issues, which is what the programs I listed can help with.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hello Daniel,

the audio streaming check device really works fine and helped me to identify the Intel Centrino Wireless Driver as the bad guy. After deactivating in the Device Manager, I got a clean playback. Do you happen to know, if it is fair to say that I can operate an audio PC without this driver?

Thanks again,

Carlos1965

You certainly can... If you need WLAN access, you can either activate it when needed, or buy a USB device for the purpose.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It looks like you installed a different WiFi driver than you had before. There are several versions available on the Intel website, simply try a different one.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

This may help to make the switching more convenient: http://www.wirelessforums.org/wireless- … 53650.html

I'd also try to find a current driver that may solve the issue. Intel offers downloads for drivers itself, but using Google often helps to find the drivers better on Intel's site than using the site's own search function.

carlos1965 wrote:

the audio streaming check device really works fine and helped me to identify the Intel Centrino Wireless Driver as the bad guy.

Hi Carlos,
can you please specify which tool exactly you used? I didn't find a "audio streaming check device". Thanks!
Ulrich

PS: Glad your lenovo is running again. I also made the experience that the lenovos are currently the best solution for MADIface.

I assume he's referring to the DPC latency checker... HeadScratch

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, it is the Latency checker form the link Daniel sent me on a post above.

Carlos1965