Topic: RME UCX No output from Cubase - but neither are crashing...

Platform: Mac
CPU/Computer model: MacBook Pro
eLCC / LCC: eLicenser Control Center (eLCC)
Version: 6.5.4.1116
Clock speed: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM (GB): 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Audio Hardware/Driver version: RME Fireface UCX, Driver V1.78, Firmware v.42
MIDI Interface/Driver version: M-Audio Keyrig 49

I start up Cubase after turning on the RME audio interface and everything is fine for a small amount of time and then Cubase locks up very briefly for a couple of seconds and then retunrs to normal. Nothing else happens, no radom noises or anything, but after this there is no output from the RME or the total mix software. Restarting Cubase makes no difference, neither does restarting the RME or both. As of this moment it appears that only a restart fixes it.

I release my Macbook Pro is on the verge of being unsupported in terms of its RAM, being 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, and it is quite slow, but Cubase will run on the built-in-audio and not crash. It still locks up ocassianally but still works.

The RME is brand new and works with Ableton Live V8 and it has all the latest drivers and firmware installed (V.42 firmware, V1.78 drivers). I also have installed the latest Cubase update 7.0.2 but to no avail. I've install all but the latest OSX Mountain Lion update.... ???

I don't really know what to do? I suspect that the PC just cant handle the RME ad Cubase together, but that would susprise me as the RME is only an audio interface and minimises CPU usage. Although at the moment thats not even an issue becuase I cant use Cubase for more than 5-10 minutes before this happnes. It was longer before I carried out the driver and firmware updates for the UCX, and I think its Cubase that should be falling over  just because of all the CPU intensive plug-ins such as Komplete 8!

Anyone had anything simular, I read another post regarding Total mix and Fireface programs crshing, but nothin crashs here, everything still works, just no output!

HELPHELP????:-OfryingpanDeadHorseHeadScratchHeadScratchHeadScratchHeadScratchHeadScratch

Re: RME UCX No output from Cubase - but neither are crashing...

Ive just testing Ableton Live 8 with this after it stopped workign with Cubase and there is no output from there either, but again it works with built-in-audio. I just assumed it did I guess....

So its definately the RME or my Mac??

Any ideas?

Anyone?

I reinstalled the RME and it works better now, but it still appears to loose its connection with Cubase. Although now I can just turn it off and on again and it works again... But it is still there I suspect... I just reinstalled Cubase so hopefully that migh fix it!

Any ideas?

Reinstalled Cubase and it's made it worse. Latest update 7.0.2... I think it changes it based on the latency settings... I will test it with different setting and see, but too much work too do now with the only thing that does work which is Ableton...