Topic: Recorded audio distorted under 10.8.2 / Fireface UCX

I recently upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8.2 from Snow Leopard 10.6.8. I use Logic Pro 9.1.8 on a Mac Pro (mid 2012) with a Fireface UCX interface connnected via Firewire. When I record to an audio track I sometimes find that my recording is corrupted when I play it back. It sounds like there is a sync issue of some kind--distorted digital clicking noise. When I zoom in and look at the waveform in the sample editor it has clearly visible digital artifacts on it. This seems to occur randomly and makes recording very unreliable for me. I'm using the latest drivers (which work flawlessly under Snow Leopard).

Changing to another sample rate and then back again in Fireface Settings fixes the problem temporarily.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem with their Fireface after upgrading to Mountain Lion?

Re: Recorded audio distorted under 10.8.2 / Fireface UCX

> I'm using the latest drivers

Version numbers, please?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Driver version 3.14

And the UCX is on firmware 23? If so then you could always use USB instead. A general problem with FW as such has not been reported so far.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Firmware 23, yes. I'll switch to USB and see if the problem persists.

Thank you for your help.

I can report that swiching to USB seems to have done the trick. Recording is working as expected now on my system under 10.8.2 (knock on wood).