Topic: SYNCING PROBLEMS, UFX, OCTAMIC II, Any external pre, BNC ADAT

Hi,

I'm a huge RME fan and my UFX has treated me very well up until recently. I have used an ART Tubeopto 8 synced through ADAT for about a year with no problems, but when I added a second unit synced through the second ADAT port it became intermittent. The light will be solid for maybe 30 seconds, then flash 3 or 4 times. I also tried syncing through BNC with the same problem. I just bought the Octamic II and I'm having the same problems. The light is solid for quite a while but will still flash occasionally. Just timed it, about every three minutes. I paid a lot of money for this stuff and I need to know why it's not working properly.

I doubt this will have anything to do with it, but is it important to engage the blue wordlclock termination button on the UFX? I assume this is only necessary if the UFX is slaving to something else, and is last in line. I do have the termination engaged on the octamic.

In Fireface settings I'm on version 3.14 and I'm using FW. Please help, I have a large recording tomorrow and I really want to sort this out.

Re: SYNCING PROBLEMS, UFX, OCTAMIC II, Any external pre, BNC ADAT

Is the LED flashing the only problem, means audio is working from both ADAT inputs?

Which LED is actually flashing where?

Which device is set as clock master, which as clock slave?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

The flashing will coincide with a pop in the audio. Both ADAT inputs do not work with the Octamic synced through BNC. I just hooked up my ART tubeopto pre synced through BNC and it is solid for as long as I felt like staring at the light.

The LED which is flashing is on the front panel, as in between the AES and USB lights. I have the UFX as master and the Octamic as slave as set with the DIP switches Down - Down - Up - Down - Down - Up

For the gig I have this evening I'm going to run all the analogue outs so I don't have to worry about the popping, but if someone could give some insight on this problem I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

> I do have the termination engaged on the octamic.

Please try without termination activated at the OctaMic. If that doesn't help it might be necessary to send the unit in so we can have a look wether the optical input operates as expected or a bit out of spec.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hai,

I'm having exact the same problem. I use a UFX and have two focusrite octopre's mkii which I connect with adat 1 and 2 slave on the ufx with BNC wordclock. One octopre is working without problems. The second is doing exactly the same as discribes above! I already changed this unit with a new octopre without any result! The focusrite helpdesk are really trying to help me but without result! I already did make a topic on this forum without any result. I hope your problem will be solved by RME. And please post the solution on this forum!!!!!

with kind regards.

Hai, I solved my problem!! I made the stupid mistake myself. I assumed that when I opened the flash update tool he connects with internet and looked for updates itself!!! Everytime I got the message "up to date". But now I found the flash update tool update on the website from RME. I feel stupid now!! But maybe someone has the same like me. That's why i'm sharing this!!

Hey Jimbo,
What flash update tool are you referring to? Is that something different then the fireface firmware update? I also know people using a UFX who have had the same problem as me, and it does not appear to change when I disengage the termination switch.

I use this interface all day everyday, I can't wait for it to be repaired unless I have one to replace in the meantime. How does RME usually take care of matters like this?

Thanks

hai vary sound,

I did mean the fireface firmware update! When starting up, do you see in the ufx display: sw 1.51 ?  I think it is not a wordclock/termination problem. I think it is more an ADAT problem.