Asus P6x58D-E
IntelCore I73.07Ghz
12GB
Nvidia Quadro 600
Win7 64bit/ Sp1
Samplitude ProX
Multiface1 with PCI card, latest driver and Flash
And now my problem: rant
The Multiface input signal - checked in HDSP mixer on all analog inputs - is much lower (-50) than the output from my Focusrite micophone preamp (+2) and distorted. The no signal input noise of all channels is 103. The preamp is ok and the output signal from the multiface is ok as well when playing back recorded tracks. The funny think is that I can hear the distorted input signal even when the Multiface is disabled. Had the Multiface plus PCI card tested at RME cost me 100 bucks and they said it's nothing wrong with it. But it is. At the same time the Win7 devices/ sound window does not show any green lights in the input volume bar. Id there a "hidden" windows driver or programme or something like that thats needed for propper function of a recording device? Known WIN 7 problems with the ancient Multiface?

Help
Theo

Re: Low input level on Multiface1

Have you tried other signal sources? Is playback ok? If yes, loop a signal from the MF back to an input and check whether levels match.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Low input level on Multiface1

Tried the loop back, this is what I have.  Playback AN 1-2 send to Output AN3-4. Output AN3-4 loopback to Input AN3-4. All levels nearly the same, no audiable distortions. How can I monitor Input AN3-4? Solo will switch the input off. Can I upload a screen shot?