Topic: Problem with Touch OSC and UFX - related to driver update?

Hi all,

I use Touch OSC for some sessions so I can stand in the back of the room with my iPad and mix.  I establish an ad hoc network between my laptop and ipad - no router involved.  I used this successfully on dozens of sessions over the past year or so, but yesterday was the first time I have tried it since November.  I could not get it to work at all.  Touch OSC launches fine, but it is not linking to the UFX - channel names are not updating, faders not reacting, nothing.

The ad hoc network is set up correctly.  I tried resetting it (including resetting my wireless network adapter) several times just to be sure it was not a network issue.

I checked the settings on both the UFX and ipad many times.  The host and remote IP addresses are correct, incoming and outgoing ports are correct, and UFX is set to respond to OSC control.  Midi control is not activated.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps one of the recent driver updates may have made some change that is affecting OSC control.  Has anyone else had problems with this?

Cheers,

David

Re: Problem with Touch OSC and UFX - related to driver update?

You did 'enable OSC control' in the TM FX Options menu?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You did 'enable OSC control' in the TM FX Options menu?

Yes

Does it work with an independent wireless router or is not working with any wireless setup?  I have had similar experiences with adhoc networks (completely random working/not working) and in the end opted to get a separate router (with a very good range) specifically for OSC connections.  This is the most stable solution I have found.

volcanoexile wrote:

Does it work with an independent wireless router or is not working with any wireless setup?  I have had similar experiences with adhoc networks (completely random working/not working) and in the end opted to get a separate router (with a very good range) specifically for OSC connections.  This is the most stable solution I have found.

I have not tried using a router, but I can give it a try for the sake of trouble shooting.  I use this set up in remote sessions and prefer not to have to add more gear to set up if I don't have to.  I used the ad hoc network many times with no issues until this last time.

Update - All is working ok now, and it was not a UFX driver issue. 

There was something wrong with the ad hoc network connection, although I still don't know what.  It appeared to be working fine in that the iPad and laptop both showed a good connection, but as part of my trouble shooting I tried deleting the network and set up a new one. That worked and now all is working fine.  Strange as I used the previous version for over a year with no problem, and made no changes (not intentionally anyway) since I first got it working.