Topic: ADAT connection and phones

Hello to all I'm a new owner of a fireface 800 and just jojned the forum.
for a live recording I needed more mic inputs so I connected a behringer ultragain pro 8 in adat to the fireface using the extra 8 inputs for the drum kit.
No problem in recording (Cubase 7) however through the Fireface phones output I could not hear the 8 adat channels whilst I could hear the four Fireface mic inputs.
Is it something in the Fireface settings I need to do or is it not possible? thanks

2 (edited by bsfreq 2013-03-17 15:58:58)

Re: ADAT connection and phones

You need to do this thru fireface software mixer (totalmix)

If you want to use direct monitoring, then open totalmix, click on the phones output on the bottom row (gets highlighted), then raise the adat input levels on the top row to get their signal to your headphones.

If you want to monitor thru cubase, the set the outputs in cubase, then open totalmix, click on the phones output on the bottom row and then raise the software output levels on the middle row to hear your signal.

Video tutorial to using totalmix can be found here: http://youtu.be/sCH3qVaLL-I
(Don't mind the effects part. That's only for UFX/UCX..)

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

Thank you for your reply, I have an issue with total mix, tha application opens (on mac I see it in the dock) but nothing appears on the screen. Do I have to do anything in particular since I saw that it's mainly designed for the second screen and I only have one? thanks again

First thing to check is that you have installed both, the latest drivers on your mac, and the latest firmware on your fireface. http://www.rme-audio.de/en_downloads.ph … r_fireface

Totalmix works on any display. You don't need multiple..

Fireface UFX+ | Fireface UFX | Babyface Pro | 12Mic

You need to use the Fireface Mixer, not TotalMix FX.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks to both bsfreq and MC. I did update to the latest drivers, its the first thing I did on friday when I got the 800. I will work on the fireface mixer, but is the totalmix a diferent mixer or is it the same as the fireface mixer?, that is something that is not clear to me yet.
thanks

mke52 wrote:

Thank you for your reply, I have an issue with total mix, tha application opens (on mac I see it in the dock) but nothing appears on the screen. Do I have to do anything in particular since I saw that it's mainly designed for the second screen and I only have one? thanks again

Just click on the icon in the Dock, & the TotalMix window will appear. You can choose to see the TotalMix Mixer View, the Matrix View, or both at the same time via the Function menu.

You also don't have to keep the Fireface Settings (also visible in the Dock) open all the time in order to use the Fireface 800 or TotalMix.

Totalmix FX is for newer interfaces like FF UFX, UCX, and Babyface only.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME